Is It Bad To Have A Big Family?
If you don’t have a big family, you might see parents with six kids and think: how on earth do they do it?
However, families with six kids will know that brings a handful of advantages for both the parents and the children. From economic benefits to social skills, having six children is easier than you may think. If you want a big family but are unsure if this lifestyle is for you, don’t be discouraged by those who say having six little ones is too much.
After all, the more the merrier!
Big Family Advantages
● Your kids will always have playmates! They can disappear in the garden or basement for hours which each other for company, giving you a chance to get work done or simply sit back and relax. With a big family, your little ones will always have company
● It promotes sociability as your kids learn new skills by interacting with one another. From language skills to emotional intelligence, being around other children is the perfect way to help kids develop in a multitude of ways.
● Compared to only children, kids from big families tend to become self-sufficient more quickly. It’s impossible to cater to six kids 24/7, so they’re more likely to learn essential life skills earlier on.
● Despite what many people may think, there are actually financial advantages to having six kids. Always having access to hand-me-down clothes and toys means any new additions to your family will already be kitted out with everything they’ll need, not to mention, you’ll have a lot more experience!
● Older siblings are great role models for your little ones – whether it’s encouraging them on their first day of school, or helping them learn to ride their bike, having an older, more experienced sibling to look up to is a great inspiration for your younger kids.
● It’s actually easier to maintain the house than it is with one or two kids. As the older children begin to help out with daily chores, the housework becomes considerably more manageable. After all, a big family can accomplish more tasks than a smaller one!
● Holidays are much more festive! From party games to big family dinners, the holiday season is always much more magical with six kids to share the fun with.
● While having six kids provides your little ones with an instant group of friends, it also provides great company for you. Whether it’s going for a family day out or having a movie night, there’s nothing better than the companionship of your children. Plus, as you grow older you’ll have plenty of support from your kids and are less likely to experience loneliness.
So, if you’re thinking of starting a big family, there’s nothing stopping you! While having six kids undoubtedly comes with its challenges, there’s plenty of pros for both you and your children. Six kids, six times the happiness!